Please Provide Closing Officer with the Following:
- Existing Lien Holder(s): As soon as possible, please provide your Escrow Officer with the name of your existing lien holder(s), along with their address and phone number. We will also need the loan numbers.
- Social Security Numbers: We will need the social security number of all owners of the property for tax reporting and because the lender may require social security numbers for payoff information.
- Using an Existing Survey: If the buyers and sellers have agreed to use an existing survey at closing, the Title Company must review the survey prior to closing and receive verification from the sellers that no improvements have been made since the date of the survey.
- Identification: Don’t forget to bring your driver’s license or other form of official picture ID to the closing.
- Wiring Information: Upon funding of the transaction, we will be glad to wire your proceeds into your account. Please provide us with your wiring information if you choose to have your funds wired.
Avoiding Common Closing Delays:
- Don’t forget to bring the termite certificate to closing.
- All bills for inspections, repairs, or other items to be paid at closing must be provided to us prior to closing.
- If you will not be present at closing to sign documents and you intend to use a Power of Attorney, you must provide the original Power of Attorney to your closing officer at the Title Company prior to closing for approval and recording of the document. (The lender will also need to approve the Power of Attorney). On the day of closing, we will need a contact number in order to reach you to verify that you are alive and well and have not revoked the Power of Attorney
- If you are unable to attend the closing and will sign the papers by express mail, please provide the Title Company with the forwarding address including zip code. Also provide us with a contact number in case we need to reach you. You will need to sign the papers in front of a notary. We will provide you with a return express mail packet. Please send the closing papers back to us the same day you receive them, after they have been signed and notarized.